Planning for 2020 PRBSA Winter Baseball Training is Underway!
Please check back here in the fall for news and registration information for our 2020 Winter Training Program. In the meantime, you can read below about our 2019 Winter Training Programs to give you an idea of what we've done in the past.
We are pleased to bring you some 2019 winter clinics, hosted and run by Diesel Edge Training Academy (formerly Steel City) exclusively for PRBSA. The clinics will take place in the month of March on Thursdays and Saturdays, and will cover hitting, pitching and/or fielding. Athletes can sign up for any or all of the different types of clinics.
Click Here for the Flyer
Click Here to Register
Note: Registration for the PRBSA Exclusive Training Clinic at the Diesel Edge Training Academy is not done through the PRBSA website. When you click the registration link above, you will be taken directly to the Diesel Edge Training Academy registration site for this clinic.
2019 PRBSA Winter Baseball Training (Public)
Registration is now closed for PRBSA’s 2019 Open Winter Training (conducted by the Pine-Richland High School Baseball Coaches). Thank you to all who are participating this year!
This 8-session training program will be hosted and run by Pine-Richland High School baseball coaches. All sessions will take place at the Richland Elementary gym on Saturdays in January and February. We have two groups divided by age for safety. Age groups for each session are as follows;
- 10:00am - 11:30am: Players w/ birth dates on or after 5/1/11 (6-7 yr olds)
- 11:30am - 1:00pm: Players w/ birth dates on or before 4/30/11 (8-12 yr olds)
The 8 sessions are set for the following Saturdays:
- January 5
- January 12
- January 19
- January 26
- February 2
- February 9
- February 16
- February 23
The curriculum will be based on a modified version of Pine-Richland High School team training. Each session will begin with dynamic stretching and warm-ups. Following warm-ups, athletes will be divided into groups and will rotate through different skill stations. Skill stations will vary for each session, and will cover topics such as hitting, infield work, outfield work, catching, pitching and more.
If you have questions about the winter training program, please contact Tony Aiello at
. We are looking forward to a very successful program!
2019 PRBSA Winter Baseball Training Goals (Tournament Teams)
1. Teaching players the fundamentals of baseball (hitting, pitching, base running, and defense).
2. Teaching each player how to mentally prepare for a game and how to achieve mental success with baseball.
3. Teach each player the importance of team baseball and to take pride in Pine-Richland. We are working on building our baseball tradition!
4. Provide players with the opportunity to participate in a higher level of baseball training with more committed, more experienced and higher skilled players than in-house baseball.
5. Opportunity to play in a spring tournament. Playing in at least one spring tournament should be a goal of the winter training program. It is usually a good ending point and a highlight to the winter training program for the kids.
Please reference the following link for details on the Winter Baseball Training Policy.